Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs Professional Employment Opportunity
Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs/EAGLE Urban Transition Centre, in partnership with Indigenous Services Canada, will be providing services to assist Status First Nations clients in obtaining or renewing their Security Certificate of Indian Status (SCIS).
Under the direction and supervision of the Program Manager, Eagle Urban Transition Centre (EUTC), the Status Identification Intake Clerk is responsible for a wide range of comprehensive clerical and administrative support by providing the following key activities with respect to issuing of status cards to First Nation community members.
- Accept and facilitate applications from registered First Nation membership wishing to obtain or renew their SCIS.
- Verify applicant identification is updated and have picture ID to complete the forms to process and issue their SCIS.
- Assist in reviewing the application for completion.
- Ensure identification is photocopied and verified.
- Complete application and submit for processing.
- Respond to public inquiries on the SCIS cards, in an expedient, professional, and tactful manner.
- Inputting data entry information in an Excel spreadsheet.
- Order office supplies required to run the SCIS office.
- Maintain the SCIS office equipment and ensure is in good working operation at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Education & Experience
- Post Secondary education, Administrative Assistant, or relevant training and/or experience.
- Training or previous experience working as a Membership Clerk within Indigenous Services Canada or First Nation communities is an asset.
- Knowledge of First Nation culture, history and issues.
- Self motivated and able to work independently.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work supportively, as apart of a team.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in using Microsoft office – Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Accurate typing speed of 60 words per minute.
- Position requires the ability to perform light to moderate lifting to 50lbs.
- Knowledge of First Nations culture & fluent in a First Nations language would be an asset.
- Adhere to AMC policies and procedures with specific attention to attendance, and professional ethics..
Deadline to Apply
Interested applicants are invited to submit their cover letter identifying the position title applying for, qualifications, and resume, along with 3 professional reference listings (include a most recent employer reference) by 4:00 p.m. Tuesday, June 28th, 2022, to:
Human Resources Department
Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs
14th Floor, 275 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba R3B 2B3
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. No phone calls will be accepted. Preference will be given to Indigenous people and applicants are asked to self-declare in their cover letter or resume. Incomplete and late applications will not be considered. Successful candidates must provide satisfactory criminal and child abuse registry checks.
Please visit our website at www.manitobachiefs.com