Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs Professional Employment Opportunity
F.H. Black & Company is recruiting for a Human Resources Associate on behalf of our client, the Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs Secretariat Inc. Reporting to the Director Human Resources, the Human Resources Associate is responsible for providing assistance to the Human Resources department based on the organizational needs of the Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs. This includes recruitment, onboarding, payroll, employee relations, coordination of employee leaves, benefits and HR administration support.
o Create and update job descriptions for open roles.
o External advertising through various vendors.
o Perform potential pre-screening of candidates.
o Creates resume and interview packages.
o Schedules interviews with the AMC departments.
o Coordinates reference checks for selected candidates.
- Onboarding Administration:
o Prepares New Hire Orientation packages.
o Creates onboarding processes for new employees.
o Ensures pension and benefit forms are completed.
o Prepares workstations for new employees.
- Updating Employee Information:
- Staff Change Forms including:
o General payroll and time changes.
o Benefits applications.
o Promotions and salary adjustments.
o Resignation and termination changes.
- Sign-In Sheets including:
o Tracking staff hours.
o Calculating, and confirming hours for payroll processing.
o Maintaining a schedule of employee annual leaves, sick leaves and extended absences.
- Staff Change Forms including:
- Employee Personnel Assistance:
o Assist in the maintenance of the personnel filing system for digital and hard copies.
o Maintains effective day-to-day contact with employees and management.
o Answers employee questions and serves as an information resource to employees.
o Conducts research, completes projects, and creates reports and spreadsheets as required by the HR department.
o Assist in the planning and general organizing of meetings.
o Preparing the appropriate materials and agenda items as required.
o Responds to external and internal inquiries.
o Maintains HR calendar, formats HR paperwork and processes data entry.
- General Organizational Responsibilities
o Participates in regular supervision with Supervisor, including an annual performance review.
o Participates in staff meetings.
o Participates in appropriate staff development opportunities and engages in professional development activities that relate directly to job performance.
o Represents the organization both formally and informally in a professional manner.
o Adheres to standards of professional conduct consistent with the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
o Process all the above tasks in the context of contributing to positive moral and relationships.
o Orders and maintains office supplies.
o Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ working within an office environment.
- Experience providing administrative support directly in Human Resources.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and must be highly organized.
- Attention to detail including proven ability to provide highly accurate data entry.
- Adaptable and flexible with a demonstrated ability to take initiative.
- Ability to plan, balance and manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in fast paced and competing priorities environment.
- Demonstrated sound judgement while always maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently with frequent interruptions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work co-operatively as a part of an interdisciplinary team of professionals.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Assembly of Manitoba Chiefs, and of First Nations and First Nations organizations in Manitoba.
- Experience working in Communications with First Nations or First Nations organizations in Manitoba or in other regions.
- Proficient in using Microsoft office -Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Ability to perform accurate mathematical calculations.
- Adhere to AMC policies and procedures with attention to attendance, and professional ethics.
- Work flexible hours as required.
- Knowledge of First Nations culture & fluent in a First Nations language would be an asset.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Clear Child Abuse Checks.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please email a copy of your resume to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those individuals who best meet our qualifications will be contacted. All other resumes will be kept on file for future consideration.