The Nisichawayasi Nehetho Culture and Education Authority (NNCEA) reminds motorists to help ensure the safety of our students. Please adhere to the following driving laws:
- When a bus displays flashing overhead amber lights, it is about to stop to load or unload students.
- You must slow down and prepare to stop.
- You MUST STOP YOUR VEHICLE not less than five metres from the bus when approaching in either direction.
- You must REMAIN STOPPED until the flashing overhead red lights are turned off and the stop arm is folded in.
- It is ILLEGAL TO PASS from EITHER DIRECTION when the bus displays flashing red lights and the stop arm extends from the left side.
Illegally passing a school bus results in a large fine and moves you down the Driver Safety Rating scale.
The current fine for illegally passing a school bus is $675!