The Nisichawayasi Nehetho Culture and Education Authority (“NNCEA”) is seeking bids for the replacement of 2 Air Conditioning Units and 1 Furnace known as AMEC Heating and Cooling (the “Project”). The Project includes the safe removal of the 2 current AC units and 1 furnace and replacing with 2 energy efficient air conditioning units and energy efficient furnace. The Project must be completed by June 30, 2022, unless an extension is agreed upon in advance by NNCEA and the successful bidder. Given requirements set by the Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation (“NCN”), the successful bidder will be required to submit a mitigation/safety plan that addressees the safety, health, and welfare of NCN, as it relates to the Project. The Project contains, among other things, the following requirements:
- Safely remove and dispose of 2 old AC units and Furnace, including freon and other hazardous or harmful substances
- Supply and install 2 compatible air conditioning units without R22 Freon and replace any needed infrastructure to make system adaptable.
- Supply and install 1 electric furnace (24KW, 208 Volt, 70 AMP, 3 phase)
- Ensure current duct work is connected to furnace and heat is produced to all applicable duct work and registers
- Supply and install 1 manual (no digital) thermostat for furnace
- Ensure electrical panel voltage and breakers are adequate to support furnace and air conditioning systems
- Remove and dispose of 1 additional, nonfunctioning AC unit (does not need to be replace)
- Dispose of all waste and materials
- Provide evidence of compliance with workers’ compensation legislation.
- Obtain liability insurance in a form deemed suitable by NNCEA.
- Obtain, at its own cost, all necessary permits.
Contract stipulations, including responsibilities and liabilities of the parties, payment schedule and scope of work are available for review by all bidders at the Alice Moore Education Centre or via email by contacting email@example.com
Bids will be accepted by Nic Campbell via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person submitted to the Alice Moore Education Centre in an envelope prior to the submission date set out below.
Submission date: March 29, 2022, at 12:00 p.m. Bids cannot be withdrawn after 15 days of the submission date.
All or lowest bids not necessarily accepted, if there are no bids that meet the needs of NNCEA, the Project may be re-tendered or terminated. Selection criteria is based on price, experience, and compliance with NNCEA requirements set out above.
Site visits are not mandatory but are recommended to establish AC lines and capabilities.
Please review the Download Package: Page 4 contains the Bid form and pages 5-7 contain pictures of the work required.