Employer: NCN Trust Office
Position: ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Permanent Position)
Deadline: Open Until Filled
Start Date: ASAP
Salary Range: Negotiable
Ref #: NCN-2023-08-28-001
Under the supervision of the Trust Office Coordinator, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for all general office procedures of the Trust Office.
DESCRIPTION: This job has many different duties and will be the first point of contact to many clients.
- Job duties include:
- Receiving external/internal calls and dealing with walk-in clients,
- Provide general program information to clients in person, on the phone or via e-mail,
- Work independently and set priorities, perform mail duties, sort and distribute faxes, photocopy,
- Perform file duties, computer work (Word, Outlook and Excel).
- Will answer all incoming calls in a professional and courteous manner and forward calls to the appropriate personnel and will take messages.
- Will greet visitors, ascertain nature and directs visitors to appropriate person.
- Will maintain a record of all incoming and outgoing correspondence including faxes;
- Will pick up Trust Office mail from Post Office.
- Will maintain an adequate and updated filing system for the Trust Office that ensures easy and quick access to files that may be needed or retrieved.
- Will ensure all confidential files and equipment and storage rooms are locked at the end of each day.
- Will maintain inventory of all Trust equipment
- Will file all doctor slips, application for leave and personnel correspondence in employees file
- Will record and type minutes of staff meetings and distribute to all staff prior to the next staff meeting.
- Will record and type minutes of all Trust Office Community Meetings
- Will maintain and update staff’s daily sign in sheets, request for all timesheets to be submitted.
- Will ensure office and coffee supplies are adequately stocked at all times.
- Will ensure the normal programming records are updated on a monthly basis and will obtain the required information from the welfare department
- And all other duties as assigned.
- Covid-19 Vaccination Mandatory
Skills and Abilities
- Communicate effectively with members, staff and other individuals;
- Good Verbal and Written Communication Skills;
- Experience working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Ability to communicate in Cree an asset;
- Problem Solving;
- Organizational Skills;
- Experience an asset.
Please forward your letter of interest, Vulnerable & Criminal Records Check and two reference letters to:
Nora Thomas, Human Resource Administrator
Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation
Phone: (204) 484-2604
Cell: (204) 307-1178
Fax: (204) 484-2588
Email: [email protected]
We thank all who submit an expression of interest, only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.