Employer: NCN Administration
Position: Administrative Assistant – NCN Band Office
Deadline: Wednesday, July 28, 2021 @ noon DEADLINE EXTENDED
Start Date: TBD
Wage Range: TBD
Ref #: NCN 2021-08-07-002
Under the supervision of the Executive Director of Operations, the Administrative Assistant performs a variety of administrative duties in support of the NCN Administration and its departments. The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for all general office procedures of the NCN band office. The Administrative Assistant is the first contact to greet and assist all visitors and community members.
- Will answer all incoming calls in a professional and courteous manner and forward calls to the appropriate personnel and will take messages.
- Will address every inquiry and information with highest confidentiality.
- Will greet visitors, clients and staff ascertain nature and directs visitors to appropriate person.
- Will maintain a record of all incoming and outgoing correspondence including faxes;
- Will pick up mail from Post Office.
- Will ensure all confidential files and equipment and storage rooms are locked at the end of each day.
- Will maintain inventory of all supplies and equipment.
- Will forward all timesheets, sick slips, application for leave and personnel correspondence to appropriate departments.
- Will forward any emails and other correspondence record and type minutes of any staff meetings and distribute to all staff prior to the next staff meeting.
- Will maintain and update staff’s daily sign in sheets, request for all timesheets to be submitted.
- Will ensure office and coffee supplies are adequately stocked at all times.
- Will ensure that all printers, fax machine and photo copier is filled with paper at all times and ensure all equipment is running adequately.
- Will be responsible in maintaining and updating the current telephone system.
- Liaise with departmental and government officials and with other organizations on behalf of Council or Administration.
- Other duties as assigned
- Completion of secondary school is required
- Experience in a related administrative occupation is required
- Clear criminal record and child abuse registry check
Skills & Abilities:
- Must communicate effectively with members, staff and other individuals;
- Must have a proficient level of verbal, written and communication skills;
- Must have a proficient level of computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and software applications, etc.)
- Must possess excellent organizational and time-management skills