Read the September 2017 issue of Achimowina – NCN’s community, government, business, arts and events news.
NCN Votes YES to Land Code
After years of tireless work and cooperation, NCN Citizens voted YES to our Aski Pumenikewin Land Code. In the future, our children and grandchildren will remember this as a time that NCN Citizens made a choice to create our own path forward for our people, our land, our community and our resources.
The voting statistics are impressive, and can be reviewed in the chart (on page 3). For example, almost half of all eligible voters living in NCN (44%) made their voices known! In fact, voter participation to adopt our land code was one of the highest ever seen across Canada among reserves working to create self-sufficiency. Of the 1,326 people who voted, almost 90 percent voted YES for our Land Code. It is obvious that self-governance is essential for NCN Citizens. Read the Newsletter for the complete story.
OKIMAHKAN OTY’AMIWIN FROM THE CHIEF
Aski Pumenikewin Land Code Moves Ahead
KITITAHWINAOW ACHIMOWIN COMMUNITY
- Fighting Breast Cancer Doesn’t Have to Be Scary
- The Next Step: an NCN Constitution
- Teen Cop – Trains for Law Enforcement Career – Renada Linklater-Tait
- Know the Health Risks of Wildfire Smoke
- How to Prepare for a Wildfire or Grassfire
- OK School Welcomes New Principal
- Graduates 2017
- High School Starts with New Plans For Year Ahead
KAKI PI ISPATHIK AKWA ISI TWAWINAH HISTORY & CULTURE
- Hunting: A Privilege To Hunt Moose