Read the February/March 2021 issue of Achimowina – NCN’s community, government, business, arts and events news.
Chief and Council Urge Eligible Residents 18 Years and Older to Get the Covid-19 Vaccine
NCN Plans for Next Vaccine Shipment
People around the globe heave a cautious sigh of relief as the COVID-19 vaccine continues to make its way around the world, across the country, and right here to NCN. “The end of lockdowns and restrictions is in sight, as long as people get their vaccines. The sooner we have herd immunity through a large majority of our population getting their COVID shots, the sooner we can get back to
normal,” says Chief Marcel Moody.
At this time, NCN Citizens who are living on reserve and are essential frontline workers, nurses, teachers and RCMP officers are priority. They may call 204-484-2341 to make an appointment for their vaccine.
But to ensure a smooth roll-out as shipments of the vaccine arrive over the next weeks and months, NCN Chief and Council and Public Health encourages everyone to pre-register for their shot.
“Once our elderly and vulnerable have received their shots, I’ll be first in line,” Chief Moody laughs.
To pre-register and avoid lineups, you’ll need a consent form, which is widely available around the community from the schools to stores to NCN buildings. Complete the form and bring it to the Family and Community Wellness Centre during regular business hours. Bring your treaty number and medical number, too!
When the next shipment of shots is available, the Community Vaccination Clinic will be at the Norman Linklater Memorial Multiplex. Watch for Facebook announcements and listen to 98.1 NCN Cree FM for dates and times.
“We are in the homestretch of a very challenging year,” says Chief Moody. “Let’s stay vigilant! Continue to wear a mask, social distance, and wash your hands. I think we’re going to make it.”
OKIMAHKAN OTY’AMIWIN FROM THE CHIEF
Chief Moody discusses Covid-19 VACCINATION ROLL OUT.
KITITAHWINAOW ACHIMOWIN COMMUNITY
- NCN’s Staff Target Anti-Bullying Campaign
- Environmmental Management Plan
- Celebrating Spring
- LER Department Reports on Community Feedback
- NCN Citizen Hilda Anderson-Pyrz Honoured as Top 150 Outstanding Manitobans
- Child Immunization and Vaccination
- Keep NCN Clean
- Remembering Shirley Molly (Spence) Vystrcil
- New Skating Trail in NCN a Record
- News from NNCEA Director of Education for March 2021
- NNCEA’s Protocol for School Board Meetings
- Looking Back at 2020 What a Year! NCN Stories That Made Headlines
- Know Your NCN – Nisichawayasihk Personal Care Home & NCN Administration
- Your Path to Wellness – Circle of Care & NCN Fitness Centre
- Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation Capital Projects Update– March 2021
- Immunization and Vaccination Program – A simple procedure to protect your loved ones