Read the February/March 2020 issue of Achimowina – NCN’s community, government, business, arts and events news.
NCN Declares State of Emergency
Covid-19 Special Update
Chief and Council approved a new NCN Emergency Measures Law in accordance with Othasowewin and Aski-Pumenikiwin to replace the old 1992 Indian Act bylaw. An NCN Order in Council was then passed declaring a State of Emergency. This State of Emergency included a number of temporary orders that will remain in effect for up to 60 days unless reduced, amended or extended depending how the pandemic progresses. It includes:
- A ban on non-essential travel into and out of the community, except as required by the NCN Communicable Disease Emergency Plan. All NCN Citizens must remain in the community until Chief and Council lift these safety measures.
- A roadside checkstop will track and monitor all travel through Nelson House
- A ban of transportation of alcohol onto NCN lands
- A mandatory two-week self-isolation if you have travelled outside the province or have been in contact with someone who has.
- These rules apply to all Citizens and organizations on all NCN Lands, except Mystery Lake Lands.
- This mandate will be reviewed weekly. It may be modified, extended or revoked.
- People who do not comply with these-state of-emergency rules may lose their benefits, or be fined, evicted or banished.
You can learn more about the Nisichawayasi Emergency Measures Law at ncncree.com under the Government and Laws section.
KITITAHWINAOW ACHIMOWIN COMMUNITY
- Preparation and Planning in NCN
- World battles COVID-19
- NCN Public Works Asks Citizens To Prevent Sewage Blockages
- Helping our Vulnerable Citizens
- NCN Minor Hockey Update
- Social Distancing with Parks and Rec
- NCN Citizen (Keith Blacksmith) Recovering From Severe Burns
- New Director for Medicine Lodge
- Making Healthcare Less Stressful for NCN Citizens
- Drunk Driver Receives Sentence
- NCN Essential Service Delivery Plans and Contacts – Covid-19
- NNOC School Update
- NCN Outstanding Woman Receives U of M RESOLVE Manitoba Community Award
- Hit and Run of Solomon McDonald Remains Unsolved
- NCN State of Emergency Questions and Answers
- How to Self-Isolate