Read the June/July 2019 issue of Achimowina – NCN’s community, government, business, arts and events news.
New NNOC High School Design Plans Revealed
The architectural firm P.M. Associates has shared some initial design plans for the new Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation High School, and Chief and Council are pleased to share them with the community.
The new school will accommodate up to 467 students, with an area of 4,512.5 square metres (60,412.4 square feet).
It will have 19 classrooms, a full-size gym, a drama/multipurpose room, and several new amenities including a fitness centre, auto shop and woods shop. It will accommodate specialty programs such as art, Cree language, computers, cosmetology, home economics and clothing.
The school is arranged into two separate grade 7-8 and grade 9-12 wings, which both include a common teaching/gathering space and a breakout room for group work. An all school common area will be located at the heart of the school to join the two wings and will be shared by all students and staff. Read the Newsletter for the complete story.
KITITAHWINAOW ACHIMOWIN COMMUNITY
- NCN Youth Invited to Final NAIG Female Volleyball Tryouts
- Congratulations 2019 Grads
- Heading into Summer with Parks and Rec
- Moving forward with NCN Housing Policy
- Bike Rodeo a Huge Success
- Nursing Station Clerk Bella Leonard Retires After 32 Years
- Nelson House in New Constituency for Upcoming Provincial Election
- NNCEA Annual General Assembly Agenda 2018-19
- Nisichawayasihk Cree Nation Women’s Shelter
- Work on High-Speed Internet to Begin this Summer