Read the June 2018 issue of Achimowina – NCN’s community, government, business, arts and events news.
General Assemblies Highlight Accomplishments, Projects, Future Plans, Laws and Governance
The final round of General Assemblies for the current Chief and Council were held during the first week of June. They gathered with the public at the Holiday Inn in Winnipeg on June 3, at the NCN Duncan Wood Memorial Hall on June 5, and in Leaf Rapids and Thompson the next day.
The mood was one of interest as Chief Marcel Moody outlined the last four years of progress achieved by the current Council (Joe Moose, Willie Moore, Patrick Linklater, Ron D. Spence, Shirley Linklater and Bonnie M. Linklater). He declared, “We are on the road to prosperity. Never before in our history have our own source revenues been so high and dependency on external governments so low.” Read the Newsletter for the complete story.
OKIMAHKAN OTY’AMIWIN FROM THE CHIEF
Congratulations Grads and enjoy the summer safely.
KITITAHWINAOW ACHIMOWIN COMMUNITY
- Important Chief and Council Election dates
- NCN Parks and Rec Makes Father’s Day a Blast
- General Assemblies Highlight Accomplishments, Projects, Future Plans, Laws and Governance
- Principal Remembers Three Angels
- NCN Science Fair Winners Head to Nationals
- NCN Trains 12 Indigenous Birth Helpers to Reclaim Nehetho Birth Practices
- NNOC Recaps School Year of Accomplishments
- Literacy Fair Success to Continue Next Year
- Cree Birth Project: Starting Life in a Good Way Creating Sustainable Prevention
- Voice of Our Youth: The Most Important Nehetho Traditions – Charelle Bunn
- Voice of Our Youth: The Importance of Cree Language and Culture – Kyla Leighton-Linklater
- Fundraising to Remember Our Three NCN Boys
- NNCEA School Board ( 2015-2018) Accomplishments and Reflections
- NCN Hockey Player Joins the Canada Cowboys
- Environment and Forestry Program Offered at Schools
- Parks and Rec Revs Up Fun for Dads and Kids!
- Reading Recovery Dramatically Improves Skills for Students
- Moody x 2 Music Video Supports NCN and Humboldt Hockey
- Changes to Laws and Governance
- School’s Out For Summer … Now What?!