Read the June 2016 issue of Achimowina – NCN’s community, government, business, arts and events news.
General Assembly Shows Progress and Future Plans For the Nation
On June 8th, a number of NCN Citizens settled into Gilbert McDonald Arena to hear a progress report on many important initiatives from NCN Chief Marcel Moody and Council. Chief Moody started the evening off with gratitude and optimism.
“We have made strides to achieve increased independence and sovereignty but more work and more cooperation from all of us is still needed,” Moody said. “We will continue to address the immediate concerns for our First Nation, but also dream big and work hard to put more things in place as a gift for our children and all future generations. After many years of dedication to staying the course, we are finally seeing that progress is starting to take shape. Our work is the stepping stones for a better and brighter future.”
Council provided updates in several areas: community infrastructure, reserve land, social programs, budget plan and housing projects. Read the Newsletter for the complete story.
OKIMAHKAN OTY’AMIWIN FROM THE CHIEF
Congratulations to the Graduating Class of 2016
KITITAHWINAOW ACHIMOWIN COMMUNITY NEWS
- Schools’ Make Year-end Address
- NNOC Students Take Part in ACT Training To Save Lives
- Lifting Up Children, Manitoba Hosts First Nations Open Forum About Child Welfare
- Record Setting NNOC Graduating Class of 2016 – Congrats!
- Voice of Our Youth: LET’S TALK ABOUT IT. – Jenine Hart
- Voice of Our Youth: Our Art – Janelle Francois
- Applications For Rent-To-Own Program Now Being Accepted
- NCN Youth Centre Provides Excellent Cultural Programming for Kids
- New NCN Home Owners Need to be Aware of Housing Allocation Process
- My Sister’s Closet Event Grabs the Hearts of NCN Supporters