Read the August 2017 issue of Achimowina – NCN’s community, government, business, arts and events news.
Aski Pumenikewin (Land Code) The Land Code Needs Your Vote
Chief and Council, Elders, and Land Code committee members have worked on this land code for years. We have learned from other First Nations who have taken control of their own lands. We’ve
heard your wisdom and have rewritten our land code several times. Every version has become better.
Now the time has come to vote and put our land code into motion. Taking control of our land and resources is crucial to reclaiming our self-sufficiency and independence. This is our chance to foster our spirituality and protect our connection to the land.
A land code is a promise to our children, grandchildren, and all generations of our Nation to come. We will make decisions that will protect and enrich our home forever. A land code is a promise to our ancestors. We will have control of our land and resources at last, and we can bring peace to their spirits. Read the Newsletter for the complete story.
OKIMAHKAN OTY’AMIWIN FROM THE CHIEF
Monthly Update on Current Affairs
KITITAHWINAOW ACHIMOWIN COMMUNITY
- LAND CODE RATIFICATION VOTE SUMMARY COMMUNITY QUESTIONS
- What the… (LAND CODE)? Aski Pumenikewin
- NCN Girls Win Gold Medals in Europe – Haley Jo Braun and Kurtia Yetman
- Triumph at the North American Indigenous Games – Breeann Pagee
- NCN Slo-pitch Teams Make National Debut
- Make Time for Kids – Tips to Strengthen Family Relationships
- Mmm Summer BBQ! Heatin’ it up!
- Get That Job – A Good Resumé is Key to a Great Interview
- NNCEA’s Prepares for School Year Ahead
- Back to School Tips for a Great School Year
KAKI PI ISPATHIK AKWA ISI TWAWINAH HISTORY & CULTURE
- Listening to Indigenous Elders and Knowledge Keepers on Climate Change